June 12, 2017

Sacred Privilege by Kay Warren


I have been a ministry wife for the past 28 years.  There have been some very hard days in that time.  As I began reading this book I knew, immediately, that Kay Warren understood my life, joys, frustrations, struggles and all.  She is open and honest about her life and ministry with her husband throughout this book.  She shares her ups and downs and, with great wisdom, she gives us great advice straight from God's word and from the depths of all He has taught her over the last 40+ years.

This book is about seeking God above all else.  She encourages us to keep our focus on the Savior who died for us and not on the world and it's hardness at times.  She assures us there will be struggles but God's plan is the greatest thing we can follow.  We have an enemy that does not want us to succeed in reaching a lost world.  Kay is so encouraging to ministry wives both young and old and shares truths from God's word to build up our faith to keep going.  

If someone has compiled a list of books all young pastors wives should read this should certainly be at the top of the list.  I believe that Kay's shared ministry experiences have great value for those who are coming behind her in this world of ministry.  It is not an easy life and she does not give us any fairy tale illusion that it is.  

We have an important call, ladies.  We are to bring glory to God in all we do.  Everything about this book points straight to that message and I believe this book brings glory to Him, too.

Thank you Kay for this beautiful book of hope in a very difficult call!

This book was sent to me free of charge by Baker Publishing Group - Revell Division.  All they have asked in exchange is that I would read it and give an honest review.  I am thrilled to recommend this to ministry wives everywhere!  I give it a 5 out of 5 rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment