August 10, 2008

Ratatouille...


It's like Rat and Patootie.... RatPatootie....and that does NOT sound delicious!
Linguini from the movie Ratatouille.

Oh, but it was SO delicious!!! LOL

I had some things on hand. The perfect ingredients for an almost classic Ratatouille.

* eggplant
* zucchini
* onion
* garlic
* bell pepper
* tomato sauce
* thyme
* basil
* I added corn instead of yellow squash because
I did not have yellow squash.


So, I chopped up some things and layered them in a casserole dish which had been sauced with a tomato sauce layer underneath the ingredients. I drizzled it with a little olive oil, covered it with parchment paper and baked it for about 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.



It turned out nicely...

I plated it up and then put a little more of that tomato sauce with some spices added to finish it.


YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! How you doing? It is so nice to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 AM

    I have a couple of good Ratatouille recipes that I've been meaning to give a try. I think you have pushed me to do so this weekend. Your dish looks devine (with all my favorite veggies, too)

    ReplyDelete