September 19, 2009

Recipes for Kids... PLAYDOUGH


Basic Stove-Top Playdough Recipe...

I got this recipe from Feed Me, I'm Yours by Vicki Lansky

1 cup white flour
1/4 cup salt
2 TBSP cream of tartar
1 cup water
2 tsp vegetable food coloring
1 TBSP oil

I mix it all in a saucepan and cook it on medium heat until it starts to form a ball and then I put it out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Store it in an airtight container. Here are the results...



Literally hours and hours of fun for my boys and when it dries up you just toss it and make a new batch. It is SO much cheaper than buying the stuff at the store. We love this one!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is what we do often, like today. My girls + boy love it and call it 'experimenting'! www kitchenbutterfly com

    ReplyDelete