December 07, 2009

Great Coffee...

While I was back home visiting family over Thanksgiving we made a little visit to a little coffee shop there. It was started by a guy I knew in high school named Brent Brown and his lovely wife. It is called Good Day Coffee + Books. If you are ever in the east Texas area... Kilgore, Texas specifically you should stop by. There is coffee and books and warm friendly faces to be had. Here is a bit of sneak peek...





The coffee counter... great service and something for everyone. The kiddos got hot chocolate, I got a Chai Latte and the boy got a Death by Breve. I can honestly say that I have never had a cup of coffee this good at Starbucks. I wish we had one of these down the road from our house. I would be there every day!



The quote above is a Groucho Marx quote that I have loved for a very long time...

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."

They have WiFi, a children's book nook, lots of current best sellers and even a small book club nook to enjoy hot treats and hot discussion over the latest read.

So, here's to Brent and a great find tucked in a small cozy little town in east Texas. Don't pass it up if you are in the area. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment