May 27, 2010

Picked this up from the Library....

When I first saw that this book (The Flexitarian Table) was released I kind of wondered "Why the new label?"  ...but once I had the chance to browse through it yesterday and realize what Peter Berley's slant was I totally understood why this book was important right now and how it can work for MY family of six.

The concept behind this book is to have menus that will suit the taste of everyone at your table.  The goal is to prepare ONE meal and menu and not TWO OR MORE.  It is about saving time in the kitchen so you can spend more time with your family as much as is about low impact, healthy, organic, etc...  Berley designs menus and recipes that can be prepared with meat or as vegetarian dishes or both.  In our home this is valuable because there are two of us that eat mostly vegetarian these days and the other four NEED their meat at least 4 days a week or they get grumpy.  LOL  I am looking forward to trying some of these menus and recipes over the month that I will have this book checked out and then, if I really love it, I will try to find a copy to purchase for the cookbook library.  

Another really great thing about this book that I have discovered so far is it's rather large resource index.  Berley shares lots of links and books and resources for local, fresh, organic foods with which to feed your family.  I am enjoying it so far and will share some photos of food as I go.  For copyright's sake I won't be sharing every recipe, though.  Sorry... if you love what you see you can pick the book up for yourselves, too.  Stay tuned...

SOMETHING IN THIS POST SEEMS TO ILLICIT ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE LOOKING TO ADVERTISE THEIR WHATEVER.... STOP IT!!!  YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST MODERATION SO YOU CAN JUST DROP IT NOW.  GO AWAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will be checking this out as it sounds great. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete