September 20, 2010

Gluten Free Bread Mix...

I grabbed a bag of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Homemade Bread Mix at the store a few weeks ago.  I was baking regular whole wheat bread today so I thought I would try that out while I had the oven on the routine going.  Here are the results.... the full instructions are on the packaging for both making it by bread machine or by hand.

This is such a simple solution for people who need to make something for themselves.  It is SO much better tasting that the store bought gluten free bread.  It has that fresh bread taste and the only thing that was a little weird... which I seem to notice about most gluten free products both fresh and store bought is that it has a little bit of a slime taste... I think it is the xanthan gum or guar gum but it is not unsavory.  This really is a good alternative to the prefab gluten free products.

This was my first attempt and it worked pretty well... It sank down on one side a little but was still really tasty and a good texture.

Another shot...

 The "crumb" on this turned out very nicely.

I highly recommend Bob's Red Mill version... I have never been disappointed with his products and this one does not disappoint either.

1 comment:

  1. Kellie10:03 AM

    I will have to give that a try. Bobs Red Mill is who we use for our gluten free oats.

    ReplyDelete