December 31, 2010

New Year Ahead...

I just completed my registration for my last semester of culinary school.  I have a restaurant class left and it is a ten week course and then GRADUATION!!!  

I will be continuing in my role as a sous chef at the catering business I work for as well as taking on some personal challenges just for me.

One of those challenges is the French Fridays with Dorie.  


I got the new book by Dorie Greenspan for Christmas and wanted to join in the fun.  

I am also working on my journal and recipes from my entire time at school as well as building my portfolio that must be presented at the time of graduation for review.  Ok, so that is required but I am doing it up right not shabbily like most of the students turn in.  LOL

Oh, and I am really and truly going to blog about soups this month.  I have pics and recipes I have been working on and hope to finally get all that up for you guys as well as blogging more frequently now that I am back from my parents.  (been out of town for nearly 6 weeks)

So, you guys have a very happy new year and we will see you on the flip side!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Soups? Oh goodie!! I'd love to see recipes and menus of the healthy food you fix for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your last semester of school! Looking forward to some soup recipes this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, looking forward to both soups AND Fridays!

    ReplyDelete