August 05, 2011

A little drum roll please...

I have an announcement.... I am now the sole proprietor of a new business here called Family Table.  I am in the process of putting a home office together and working on files and sorting to get my head wrapped around the organization part today and in the coming week.

I am starting with baked goods... both regular and gluten free.  I have a glitch right now, in that, I do not have a floor mixer and am limited on the amount of yeast breads I can make at one time.  I can, however, bake lots of quick breads, muffins, cupcakes, cookies and cakes without that.  I am also making granola and will be in he test kitchen coming up with new flavors and fun names for them.  I am currently offering blueberry/almond and cranberry/pecan.  I can also do a special order for requests.

I am also working on a way to ship these and sell on the internet.... at least the granolas for now.  I am in contact with a friend to build a partnership, maybe, for shipping breads to her B&B on a regular basis.

I am working on a menu of pies and holiday breads, muffins and other assorted treats.  I will be taking local orders soon... starting in September.  I need a few weeks to get all this up and running.

Eventually, with a little more reading and maybe some training, I hope to add a personal chef service and small affairs catering.

I have my artistic sister-in-love working on a logo for business cards, stationary, notepad and other forms of advertising for me.

God is good.... I am so grateful for all of the encouragement I have already received from friends and family.  I will share all the details as I go when I have things available.  I will share it all RIGHT HERE!!!  I have added a Family Table Page link at the top and will try and keep it updated and will be adding more tabs for an "about us" and some other information.

So, welcome to our family table... real food for real families every day of the week!  :)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope it all goes brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How wonderful after all your hard work to be able to start your OWN business, doing what you love! I'll be praying for you, for the stamina needed to get a business off the ground, and many, many interested and satisfied customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic. I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete