September 12, 2011

Weekend with the Women's Club...

 My sweet friend Regina invited me to the annual Fall Festivities at the local Women's Club.

This is a local organization that does a lot of volunteer work and gives back to the community through service and donations.
They are also avid supporters of their own and women's businesses in the community.
She invited me to give me a little exposure for my business and I fell in love with those women IMMEDIATELY!

They are precious!


Regina sells Scentsy products and this was her booth.  Her Mother-in-law was there, too.  Her MIL used to be in my aerobics class that I taught a few years ago.  It was so great to see her again!  It made me miss that part of my life to see her again.  We loved meeting to work out together.  Now that I am doing gentler exercise like walking and Pilates I could never keep that pace again I am afraid.  LOL  It is sure hard on the joints but it was very fun when I taught it.


 There were some other favorite booths and stops I made throughout the morning.
Another local lady makes glycerin soaps that are just lovely!  Her name is Kim and she can be found at www.kimsoapbox.com

 There was a bake sale filled with beautiful baked goods made by the members

 Another annual event they do is a Granny's Attic Sale.  This is a collection of items the ladies donate to sell for charity.  They had some very beautiful things.  

 I found a little French Press for $5.00... I will share that on another post.

 They also offer one weekend a year Tea Room to raise money for charity and again, the ladies make all the food and serve you.  It was fabulous!

 Lovely tables...

 Lovely meal... a chili relleno style casserole, fruit salsa and chips

Lovely dessert... Lemon Chess Pie and coffee

I loved going out and supporting this group of women!  It was a wonderful time had by all.

Some other vendors you can check out...

Texas Chili Warehouse at www.texaschile.com

Thinking in Trees with Larry Colley at www.thinkingintrees.com

Betty's Handcrafted Beads at www.bettysbeads.com





No comments:

Post a Comment