September 19, 2008

No Bake Cookies...


No Bake Cookies
(I love this recipe to get the kids in the kitchen making fun food!)

1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk)
2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter (real butter works best - unsalted)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups old fashioned oats

Mix milk, sugar, butter and cocoa in saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute (no less). Turn heat off and add the peanut butter and I whisk until it is combined and then add the oats. Mix and drop from a spoon onto a parchment or wax paper on the counter or on a cookie sheet. Let them cool and get firm. If they are not hardening well you can refrigerate them to make the process faster.

There ya go... enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Leann, I just chalked you up on the foodbuzz. So happy we're friends. I love your blog. I also feel that our children should learn how to cook and appreciate the value of home cooked meals vs. fastfood. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posting and very good menu!!!
    Congratulations!!!


    International day Peace

    ReplyDelete