November 11, 2008

Posting before school today...

I have gotten in the habit of posting later in the day but today I thought I would just be a bit different. That is SO not important... LOL

Got a 20 pound turkey from my MIL the other day and it is now in the freezer and ready to come out the weekend before Thanksgiving.

This is such a great time of year to stock up on some things. I will often buy extra stuff this year and I think right now I will try to find the following...

* Another turkey
* Duck
* Cornish hens
* Ham
* Goose

Am I going to eat all of this meat? No, but it is good to have on hand when guests are coming and more of my guests eat meat with no reservations. ;)

I also stock up on...

* Pumpkin - baked off from whole pumpkins and then I freeze the "meat"
* Cranberries
* Walnuts
* Pecans
* Almonds
* Sweet potatoes
* Regular potatoes
* Whipping cream
* canned items such as evaporated milk
* certain spices like sage, allspice, nutmeg, etc...
* marshmallows
* hot cocoa
* hot teas
* anything else that is on sale that I can store or freeze for Christmas baking and cooking

What do I do with all of this usually? Make stuff to give away... LOL That keeps me from weighing 600 pounds, btw...

No comments:

Post a Comment