March 14, 2009

Some upcoming menu stuff for spring break...

My mom sent this in my e-mail this morning and it is going to make the list of stuff to make for this week.

-->
Spaghetti with summer squash and tomatoes

Kosher salt
1 zucchini, sliced in thin rounds
1 summer squash sliced into thin round
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1\2 onion finely shopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
¼ dup extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound spaghetti
Handful of arugula leaves or spinach
¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese plus
Bring large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat for the spaghetti
Preheat oven to 400 degrees combine the squash, tomatoes onion, garlic and oregano in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and give it all a good toss. Dump that onto baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes until the squash is tender and caramelized tomatoes with pop open scrape into large pasta bowl and cover with a plate to keep everything warm.
Add spaghetti to boiling water stir cook 8 to 9 minutes until done
To finish scoop out about ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water and add to veggie mix drain spaghetti and dump into bowl of veggies add arugula and parmigiano and plenty of black pepper and toss. May need more salt or parmigiano

___________________________________________________

Since I am on spring break I am going to do a bit more cooking at home this week and try some new things. Among the new stuff will be cooking a duck that Dan got for us over Christmas break. We shoved it into the freezer and now have opportunity to make it this week. I am also going to be trying a new recipe from one of my new chocolate books I got recently.


I am also doing a bit of Foodie viewing, too...

See, I still live, breath, eat and sleep foodie endeavors daily... even when I am not here sharing it. LOL I promise to do better. Oh, and just so you know. My main computer is out of commission and I am using my hubster's until further notice so my time is limited online for a bit. Thanks for still reading in the midst of my crazy life. I think often of blogging here... I really do. ;)

Later with more stuff from spring break week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Leann,
    Awesome blog!I am pretty impressed with your cheesecake, but I think I might start with the icecream recipe. That looks like something I can tackle first. I know you are busy with school, being a mom, and an awesome blog. I sure would appreciate it if you would add my blog to your favorite foodies roll. I will for sure add this tasty blog to mine! Thanks so much!http://grubandstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete