August 16, 2009

Bulk Brownie Mix...

There is no reason to buy that box of brownie mix anymore! You just mix this together and follow the individual recipe at the bottom and you are in business. You can use this at home or make gift bags for teachers, friends, or any occasion that you are looking for a simple food gift. Here is how...

start with

* 8 cups sugar
* 5 1/2 cups flour
* 2 1/2 cups cocoa
* 4 tsp. baking powder
* 2 tsp salt

Sift together the dry ingredients. Store it in an air tight container.

When you are ready to make a batch you use...

2 cups of the brownie mix from above
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Stir just until mixed. Spread into an 8x8 greased and floured pan and then bake at 350 degrees for between 25 and 40 minutes depending on your oven. I went a full 40 minutes on mine but if your oven cooks hot then go less.

What are you waiting for? Go bake brownies with the kids!!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! Thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

    A's been bugging me to buy brownie mix all the time. I haven't thought about this before.

    Did I say Thank you?

    You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very VERY welcome... Let me know if you are looking for other recipes and I will try to help you out... that is why I am here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!
    I like the idea very much
    will try it and get back to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:55 PM

    absolutely love this!!! Better than box. I like having extra on hand. Plus it make a cake like brownie which is what my husband likes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:39 AM

    As military living in another country, you have no idea how happy we are to have your brownie recipe!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete