May 02, 2010

I really have been swamped...

I have been doing some soul searching the past few months.  I have been in process of losing about 20 pounds since last November and changing how I cook and feed my family.  I also decided to cut the pastry degree back to just a certificate and then just finish my culinary arts degree.  I am also in the process of registering with New Mexico State University to begin their Dietitian Program starting in the fall.  I will have to take a few leveling courses to begin the Master's Program there but I can do that while I finish up my last two classes for culinary and pastry. 

There are lots of changes coming in my future and we are waiting on God to show us what is happening.  I may not finish at NMSU but I can start the process and do what I need to when we have more of a map for our future.  In the meantime, I will keep plugging along in the direction I am going. 

School has been crazy and I finish up the semester this coming Wednesday with my practical final (meaning I go in and cook and they tell me if I pass).  After that I have about three weeks off and hope to post a little more here.

My summer consists of more practicum hours but I am doing the hours with a local caterer and personal chef that I have shared with you guys before.  Her name is Aida and I have worked with her before.  This summer I will be putting in about 8 to 10 weeks with her learning all I can from what she does.  I am really looking forward to that time with her.  She is quite talented and we share a lot of the same ideas about healthy organic food.  I am very excited to be working with her. 

I hope to share some recipes from my new eating style.  I am doing a program using SparkPeople.com.  I have lost about 20 pounds and feel great.  I am eating mostly vegetarian but throw in the occasional chicken and seafood when I get a hankering for it.  I am not eating beef anymore but that has to do with some health issues I am learning to treat with food.  My body really loves the higher fiber of the veggie menus.  I love my food!!!  It has been great for me to do this at this point in my life and I have about 15 to 20 more pounds to go. 

Thanks for hanging in with me while I go through these absences.  I assure you I am still cooking and baking like crazy and will reach a point that I can share lots more with you guys.  I appreciate you all so much.  Stay tuned... I am not gone, I am just on "hiatus" for a bit.  There is so much more I want to share with you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment