August 23, 2010

The final year begins...

I have five more classes this year and I am done with the official culinary and pastry degrees and I will then be a professional.  I am SO excited to finish this year.  Once I  finish I am thinking about a year off before I begin my road to Food Science and Dietitian coursework.  I need to take a year for my kids... next year I will have a senior, an 8th grader and a 6th grader in public school and one 2nd grader still at home.  I think they need my full attention for that entire year... of course, and beyond but especially that year.  There will be transition and lots of anticipated change and stress and I need to fully plug into that entire process.  Not that I am not plugged in now but you know what I mean.  LOL

I begin classes today... laminated dough and baking practicum 1.  I am still working as an intern with my catering friend in her business and getting to do lots and lots more on my own as she turns things over to me.  She is taking me on as her pastry chef this year and that just thrills my heart to NO END!  Chef Leann is close... CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE!!!  After 5 years I will be both a culinary and pastry professional (at the beginning level of course but a professional none-the-less).  It has been a long time coming but for a wife and mother of four in her forties I think I have done well.  It is the beginning of a lifetime in the food world and I am excited for the possibilities and prospects that are out there for me.  I will share all of that as I go...

I am scheduled to graduate in May... with honors (a 4.0 so far)... and I AM READY!!!

As the semester progresses you will get to see all the stuff I am working on and I hope to get back to sharing lots of family stuff, too.  If you are looking for something specific, please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to give you what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment