May 30, 2011

A typical week at work...


a request from a friend to do the graduation cake for their oldest son.... colors from the school plus a logo from Batman Beyond as a personal funny for the teen.  It was a huge hit!  :)


We have a Home Meal Replacement (HMR) personal chef service and this is one of the packaged meals.  Pork tenderloin with a a cherry sauce and veggies.

 Prepping for three more big events for the week... a birthday, a graduation and a wedding

 Graduation party for a teen who is a vegetarian so we did veggie hors d'oeuvres and this lovely lemon cake with a lemon curd filling... I did the inside cake and curd and Aida (my boss) did the mascarpone frosting and decorating.  I think she loves the creative stuff so I prep and she decorates a lot.  I love working with her!

 Here is a mango/cherry chutney I made for the event.  I do most of the cold sauces and some of the more classic items when I can.  I did a beurre blanc this week, too... it was yummy!!!

 Thai Lettuce Wraps on Endive

 a lovely sweet and sour sauce for dipping with the wontons

 Mini fruit tarts with pastry cream and an apricot glaze

 Potato and Pea Samosas with that chutney I made above

 The wontons and sauce

 Espresso Chocolate Diamonds with whipped cream and raspberries

 a birthday party setup for an 80th birthday - 50 guests.  We made everything except the cake on this one



Very busy week... in addition I did some gluten free items, too and got $100.00 in tips to boot!  I worked the graduation and the birthday but not the wedding.  The birthday and wedding were at the same time so I ran the birthday event.  I loved it so much!!!  It was a great week and now, to rest.

I have some family time this week and a birthday cake for my youngest to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment