June 01, 2011

Lunch with my hairdresser...

I usually get a haircut about once every three months or when my hair reaches the place of utter unbearable annoyance.  I have found a fabulous little shop close to home that will do the full service (wash, cut, style) for TEN WHOLE DOLLARS!!!  I have a precious Korean lady named Chong that does my hair.  There have been a few times in the last couple of years that I have called and they are slow and tell me to come on in right away.  Usually when I get there on a day like that they are having their lunch because I tend to go somewhere between 10:30am and 1:00pm.  They always offer me a taste but today they gave me a whole bowl all to myself.  They know I am a foodie/chef and will talk food with them.  I love Korean food.  I have a friend in church that makes Mandoo and Kimchi for us on occasion.

I got the recipe for today's treat just by tasting and asking a few questions.  Here is what I had...

*   Soba noodles cooked and drained and rinsed (Soba is a buckwheat noodle and is typically gluten free)

(these are soba noodles)

*   cucumber thinly cut in a julienne cut
*   thin strips of pear
*   chopped green onions
*   salt and pepper to taste
*   white sesame seeds
*   chicken or beef broth (she used beef today and if you wanted to make it vegetarian you could use veggie broth) with a bit of  brown rice vinegar to make the liquid
*   just a tad bit of Asian pepper seasoning

served cold in a bowl with chopsticks or a fork...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!  It was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment