August 17, 2011

Family approved meals...


 This is my Pasta e Fagioli
(it is rarely the same every time because I use it to clean out the fridge when I make it most of the time)

It has loads of veggies in it and ground turkey and pasta and beans.  My kids eat this... they don't complain about it.  It is the same for the Ratatouille I make which is a completely vegetable dish.  It is possible to feed veggies to children instead of chicken nuggets and fries every night.  It took battles in the beginning to get them to try new things but then they figured out that they had no choice and over time... it  happened... they like fruits and veggies now.  It makes my heart happy when they eat like this.  

Green Chicken Curry 
This was AN ENORMOUS HIT in our house.  Aarti Sequeira is the author of this fabulous recipe.  I did sub chicken breast, which is lower in fat and gets drier in the cooking, but it was still awesome!  Try it for yourselves and see what the kids say.

No comments:

Post a Comment