August 19, 2011

Blueberry Syrup...

I love making fruit syrups...

they are simple and delicious and they add a little nutrition to the plate, too.

LOL .... a little

I start with pureed fruit - 1 to 2 pints of blueberries or strawberries
1 to 2 cups of sugar
1/2 a cup to 1 cup water
a squeeze of lemon
2 Tbsp corn syrup

Bring it all to a boil and let it cook down to thicken a bit.

Then, I finish it off with 2-3 pats of butter and then strain and serve warm over French toast, pancakes or waffles. It is a Saturday morning staple in our house

Thought I would also share with you guys that I am on Facebook now with a business page... Family Table Personal Chef and Catering. Come and see me there if you get a chance. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just can't wait to try this out! It look so YUM! I'm even following you on twitter for more of these awesome recipes from you Chef!

    ReplyDelete