February 02, 2012

Eating in season...



In recent years I have tried to choose fruits and vegetables that are at their freshest.  These are often the items that are less expensive, too.  That means eating fruits and vegetables that are grown and come ripe on their own in their own season.  I thought I would share a few links to help you eat "in season" if you are interested in doing so.  I am growing and learning more about this way of eating.  It has been a fun challenge to learn new recipes with new ingredients as I go, too.

So, here ya go...

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables By the Month

Fruits and Veggies Matter... by the month

Fruits and Veggies More Matters

Fruits and Veg February

Harvest Eating

Seasonal Eating

Seasonal Eating for Your Body

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

Eating fruits and vegetables at their peak freshness is better for our bodies.  I hope you will check out some of these links and see the information for yourselves.  Grow your own... visit your local farmers markets... experiment with new fruits and veggies and recipes.  Make your own seasonal eating adventures!














No comments:

Post a Comment