March 19, 2012

New Habits...


I have a two fold goal in the coming weeks.  I am finally starting on that Daniel Fast and the first goal is to spend time with God each day in prayer and reading between now and Easter.  The second goal is to bring some healing to my body through healthier eating and getting back to some exercise routine.

 I am not sure I have mentioned it before but I tore a tendon about a year and a half ago and have had to give up running.  I thought it was temporary but then I developed a very real case of fibromyalgia and have not been able to go back to the strain of running and do not think I will ever be able to again.  I have had to seek out alternative forms of exercise.  I recently found a Pilates program called Shaped by Faith and will be using that over the coming weeks along with restarting a walking program.  I need to do this for me.  I am a firm believer in caring for the body as part of my spiritual walk.

The recipes that I will be doing for the Daniel Fast are vegan in nature and will also exclude yeast breads, sugars, caffeine and preservatives and chemicals of all kinds.  I am hoping to share some recipes with  you here as I embark on this journey.

Because I believe that a fast is very personal I won't be sharing more than recipes here.  Some insights might show up on my personal blog but it will be limited to what I feel I should share as God leads.  

I recommend two books if you are interested in this journey, too.


 

I have read both and they give information on the fast, lots of recipes and menu planning for your 21 days and then a section that is devotional for each day of your journey.  You can get them in paperback or in an e-book version.  Check out their websites for more information, too... Susan and Kristen

a few other links...








No comments:

Post a Comment