June 11, 2008

A bit of inspiration...

I have been reading lots of raw food sites since I started eating more raw a few weeks ago. I also picked up some books to read on the subject and am trying some new things. One of my favorite sites that I have found (along with her book I just picked up) is Ani Phyo. She made a wild rice salad that is really great! I made a few changes for my own tastes and ingredients I had on hand and this is what I came up with ...

Soak wild rice for 24+ hours changing water 3-4 times. It is recommended to use filtered water but I did not have any on hand. I do plan to pick up a filtered pitcher soon to do this more often.
I used 1 cup of rice uncooked to start this process.

After the rice was ready I added...

1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 small bunch of chopped cilantro
the juice of 1/2 a lime
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
chopped tomato.


Toss all together and enjoy. Very flavorful and filling!



No comments:

Post a Comment