June 06, 2008

Mock Taco Salad

Got my inspiration from this page.

I put walnuts into a food processor with a pinch of cumin, coriander, pink sea salt and pepper. I blended it until it was the consistency of cooked ground beef.

I cut up romaine lettuce
2 tomatoes
1 avocado
a bit of red onion

and then I tossed it all together and used the juice from one lime to use as my dressing.

If I had cilantro I would have used that and maybe a bit of oil like the other site indicated but the lime was quite good. It was very light for a hot summer day. At some point I might get creative and make some kind of raw crisp or cracker to go with it. I am going to play with this one some more 'cause I really liked it and would eat it often. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before it was gone. Next time, I promise...

UPDATE: added that picture for you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm brand new to food blogs, and I happened to come across yours. I'll certainly be putting it on my list of ones to come back to! I really like what you have on here!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lentils are also great for a base for tacos (though, I haven't tried them in a taco salad.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd still want some cheese on that ;)

    ReplyDelete