July 07, 2009

The Pistachio...


Dan and I recently made a trip up to Alamogordo, New Mexico to a little B&B for our 20th wedding anniversary. The place is called the Tavares Inn and it was lovely. While we were on our way home we stopped by a few pistachio places. There are several rather large pistachio orchards there.

* The Heart of the Desert
* McGinn's Pistachio Tree Ranch

We stopped for a picture and 10 pounds of raw pistachios... Above is me with the world's largest Pistachio.

I am on a mission to make lots of recipes using this delicious and nutritious little treat. I started my mission with a little pistachio crusted chicken breast... FABULICIOUS!!!!!




Want more recipes? Heart of the Desert has a good selection on their website here.

There will be more recipes coming from me, too! :)

Oh and we also picked up some pistachio brittle and a spicy mix called The Works at the McGinn's Tree Ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment