September 06, 2009

Tilapia and sides...

On Saturday night... last night... we had tilapia. I make tilapia quite a bit but I usually bake it with a little lemon, olive oil and lemon pepper. It is very simple to cook fish. I decided to do a little bit different style with it last night.


I put a little canola oil in my big saute pan and then dredge the fish in some flour with a little salt and pepper in it and pan sear it.


Once I finished it I cooked the squash and zucchini in that same oil with a little bit of Kosher salt.

I also made a cornbread using a white cornmeal instead of the typical yellow I usually use.
...and I threw in some green chilis just because I could. YUM!!!
I roasted the asparagus in the oven while I was baking a cornbread to utilize my oven usage. I usually just wash and break off the ends and then lay out my asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle a little Kosher salt on it as well. Such a simple meal but so nourishing and yummy.

The kids ended the evening with chocolate milkshakes, too. I just put ice cream, cocoa powder and milk in the blender and then just blended the heck out of it and poured it up. They love anything I make in the blender it seems... smoothies, shakes, salsa... ANYTHING! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment