April 30, 2011

13 Days...

I am thirteen days from graduation.  I have finished my last class already and my final Culinary Arts Portfolio (CAP) is in.  It is all done but the walking!  WOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I have taken on a few more hours at work lately.  For those who do not know... I am an official sous chef for a local caterer now.  I am part-time in my hours right now.  I am still homeschooling two of my kiddos and this works out beautifully for us.

Thought I would drop by and say hello.  I am hoping to really and truly get back to much more blogging since my time is more my own from now on.  Here is a little treat from the dinner we had for my husband's birthday.  Enjoy...


The children set the table and did a beautiful job choosing very springy seasonal colors!


Green beans blanched/shocked and sauteed with a little olive oil and salt


roasted red and golden fingerling potatoes and fried okra - certainly not lowfat but YUMMMMMM!!!


Dan's favorite... he gets it once or twice a year now but chicken fried steak is a hit!


Not complete without the cream gravy to go on top!

Even the littlest among us can use a knife and fork.  Caught him using good manners here.  LOL  

1 comment: