November 18, 2011

Roasting a Bird...

Here is a video I did some time ago...very amateur.   I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now!  LOL  I would also change a little bit of the things I said here.  I would not cook a bird to 185 anymore... I would go no higher than 180 and no lower than 165 or 170.  I also do not use the pop button method because it tends to overcook and dry out the bird to do that.  I thaw my bird for at least 3 days in the refrigerator before I cook it.  I still LOVE THE SKIN!!!  LOL  I will share some more tips and such over the coming days... both my tips and some great links I find.  We are also going to brine our turkey this year I think.  It makes for a much more moist bird to do this.  I might even do another video!  :o  LOL  We shall see...


1 comment:

  1. Kellie4:31 PM

    For the past several years we have brined our turkeys and they are just wonderful and moist. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete