May 27, 2009

Grandma Carrie's Tea Cakes


1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

I cream the butter and sugar and then add the egg and vanilla. Measure out all the remaining dry ingredients and sift it into the creamed sugar and butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Then I roll out the dough on the counter and press the shapes I want. The cookie is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Place on parchment covered baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool and serve with tea.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just wanted to thank you for adding me to your blog list. I am pretty flattered to be on such an amazing blog. Mine will never be as amazing, but I sure appreciate you inspiring me! Thanks again!
    Kasha

    ReplyDelete